Home Remodeling Contractors Resource

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 10, 2019, 04:28:42 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: SMF - Just Installed!

+  All Around Home Remodeling
|-+  General Category
| |-+  Door
| | |-+  Suggestions for stair wall and garage door painting
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Suggestions for stair wall and garage door painting  (Read 5918 times)
deve

View Profile
« on: March 30, 2010, 12:25:33 AM »

I am having a hard time with these two painting jobs. I have already read a number of articles on wall and door painting but still I am not feeling confident enough. Stair wall of my house is painted in yellow color, which I do not like at all. I want to paint it in a different color. Should I use different combination of colors or coating of one color would be good enough? I am not sure what would be the best color for this purpose.

The second problem is with the garage door. It is covered with graffiti. Now, I want to give it a facelift by using aluminum color paint. But the problem is that humidity is fairly high here and the average temperate is around 15 C. So, would it be a problem if I use aluminum color paint? Thanks in advance for your kind suggestions.
Kim

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 12:27:52 AM »

You can try mildew-resistant paint, which is now widely used as it can withstand humid condition. However, you have not said much about humidity. Hope, you will give more information on it in your next post.

Interior oil based paint or interior alkyd primer would be the best thing that you should apply on your garage door. To hide graffiti of garage door completely, you need to use a high hiding primer or you might have to apply multiple coats of paint
and primer for that purpose.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length